My Favorite TV Shows
I’m so excited to do a blog post about my favorite tv series. I’ve been watching US & UK tv shows for 4 years. The first tv show that I finished was “How I Met Your Mother”, which will always be in the first place on my list. I’m gonna suggest 5 of my favorites.
How I Met Your Mother (2005-2014)
- The show starts with a man named Ted Mosby, telling his children, how he met with their mother in the distant future. He also mentions his friends Marshall, Lily, Barney, and Robin who play essential parts in the story. It all started when Ted’s best friend Marshall proposes to his girlfriend, Lily, Ted realizes he’d better get a move on if he hopes to find true love.
- This is an American sitcom just like Friends but the difference is: every episode is connected to each other. I like Friends too, btw!
My rating: 8.5/10
- A British teen drama that follows the lives of a group of Bristol teenagers, living in England through the two years of the sixth form. The series’ explores controversial storylines such as dysfunctional families, mental illness, sexuality, gender, substance abuse, death, and bullying.
- I started watching Skins when I was 12 years old. I was pretty young for it because of it’s about teenagers who have problems like drug & alcohol addiction and it has a lot of sex scenes. But I’m happy that I watched this tv series because I learned A LOT of things and I think everyone should give Skins a chance. I’ll probably rewatch this series because IT’S ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
- I have two favorite generations:1 & 2. 1st generation is the best. Ask someone who watched this series, I’m sure they’ll tell the same thing. I like 2nd generation because of Effy, Cook & Freddie triangle.
- 7 seasons
- ~45 minutes
- IMDb: 8.2/10
- My rating: 9/10
Gossip Girl (2007-2012)
- Gossip Girl follows the lives of privileged teenagers on the upper east side. Serena Van Der Woodsen is a blonde and beautiful socialite, Everyone knows Serena. Blair Waldorf is Serena’s best friend but it’s always about Serena, not Blair. Nate Archibald is Blair’s boyfriend but ever since Serena came back from boarding school Nate has been acting strange? Chuck Bass a rich and arrogant person. Daniel Humphrey a lonely boy from Brooklyn, NY who nobody knows.
- I think Gossip Girl was the second tv show that I started watching when I was 12. I didn’t finish it, I’m still watching it and I’m in season 5. I highly recommend this tv show because in every episode there is drama and this series is in NYC; what’s better than that?
- I also want to read the series of Gossip Girl because I’m obsessed with every single character. My favorite character is Blair Waldorf. “What would Blair Waldorf do?”
- 6 seasons
- ~45 minutes
- IMDb: 7.4/10
- My rating: 9.3/10
How To Get Away With Murder (2014 – present)
- A sexy, suspense-driven legal thriller about a group of ambitious law students and their brilliant, mysterious criminal defense professor. They become entangled in a murder plot that will shake the entire university and change the course of their lives.
- I’m in love with this series. This show includes crime, mystery, romance and comedy at the same time. I laugh in every single episode because the characters are hilarious.
- If you’re not watching this series, you’re missing A LOT.
- 4 seasons (5th season comes on September 28th)
- ~45 minutes
- IMDb: 8.2/10
- My rating: 9.7/10
Shameless (US) (2011 – present)
- The Gallagher’s deal with their alcoholic father Frank. Fiona, the eldest daughter, takes the role of the parent to her five brothers and sisters. Lip, Ian, Debbie, Carl, and Liam deal with life on the South Side of Chicago. Fiona balances her sex life and raising her siblings. Every episode is another crazy situation that one or more of the Gallagher six get into. Watch them grow and learn how to make their way in life with what little they have.
- I found this series by myself I don’t know from where but after I recommended this show to my friends, Shameless got popular in my area. I love this series because it shows the truth behind the term “American Dream”. If you haven’t started this show yet, go watch it after you read my post 🙂
- 7 seasons (8th season comes on November 5th)
- ~55 minutes (Don’t worry, every minute is worth it)
- IMDb: 8.7/10
- My rating: 9.5/10
Now I want to recommend an application which is absolutely amazing. You’ll thank me after you download it.
- This app helps you to remember which episode you’ve left the last time you watched it.
- You can also see upcoming episodes.
- You can communicate with other users. For example chatting with someone about your favorite tv series.
- In explore section, you can find lots of tv series that suits your interests.
- This app is available in App Store & Google Play Store.
- Don’t forget to follow me in there! Nick Name: Sima Aykın
- You can also catch up from your desktop too! Check it out from here
I hope you’ve enjoyed while reading my post. I’m always open to your recommendations so comment down below your favorite tv series!